The overarching aim of the Oil and Gas MBA is to prepare you for senior management in the oil and gas industry and related organisations.
The programme aims to provide a recognised qualification through a challenging and engaging academic process encouraging the analysis and application of key management theories in the practical arena of the oil and gas industry.
The Oil and Gas MBA does not merely hand you a toolbox of skills: it arms you with a high level of critical thinking that will assist in every endeavour for the rest of your life.
On successfully completing the degree you will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Enhance and extend previous experience in business and management
- Develop the ability to apply existing and newly acquired knowledge and experience to complex business issues
- Prepare for leadership and transformational roles in business
- Develop strategic thinking and innovation skills
- Encourage lifelong learning and personal development
- Develop advanced knowledge of your organisation, its management and the environment in which it operates and apply this to the oil and gas industry and related fields
- Demonstrate a broad perspective on organisational management and its wider impact on society and the environment
- Operate and manage in a global and multicultural environment
- Acquire improved communication, writing and time management techniques
- Develop interpersonal, networking, virtual teamwork and group management skills
- Gain higher levels of self-confidence and awareness of unique strengths and abilities
Benefits: Why study for The Oil and Gas MBA?
The Oil and Gas MBA can significantly advance your career by giving you:
- The confidence to operate across all areas of the industry
- Enhanced capabilities to lead, think and act more strategically
- Awareness of personal strengths and opportunities for improvement
- The ability to apply knowledge as you learn it in real time and the real world
- An understanding of the challenges in other areas of the industry
- A demonstrable ability to meet the challenges of a senior management role
- The academic skills and intellectual habits to continue developing after completing the MBA
- Networking and support opportunities through lifelong alumni membership
The Oil and Gas MBA can benefit your employer by:
- Significantly enhancing your capabilities across a range of areas such as project management, strategic thinking, innovation and change, and people management
- Improving your ability to operate at a more strategic level and contribute beyond your own functional specialism
- Providing an opportunity for a cost-effective management development programme
- Allowing the flexibility to study and participate without absence from the workplace
- Presenting the opportunity to gain value for your organisation through your Business Transformation Project, providing significant research into a relevant business issue.
The Oil & Gas MBA - learn more by downloading the 2013 prospectus here.
This is a Middlesex University programme and qualification, jointly developed, delivered and assessed by Middlesex and IBC Academy, and quality assured by Middlesex University.