Analysing and comparing sustainable energy sources and the future renewable energy mix.
As awareness of our over-dependence on fossil fuels grows, so does the desire to move towards cleaner, renewable green sources of energy. Many believe the uptake of renewable energies is reaching ‘critical mass’ as consumer demand combines with government and industry initiatives to explore new, sustainable sources. Technology is also playing its part in making renewable energies more efficient and cost-effective.
This renewable energy distance learning training course gives you the insight needed to understand the complex drivers and issues behind the viability of renewable and alternative sustainable energies.
Fundamentals of Renewable & Alternative Energy training course brochure.
There are many types of renewable energy sources which have varying benefits… and downsides. This course takes a thorough and unbiased look at each of these sources, explaining technologies and analysing strengths and weaknesses.
The training course covers areas including:
- Drivers of renewable energy demand
- Uses of renewable energy
- Solar heating and electric generation
- Solar thermal and geothermal power
- Wind energy
- Ocean, river and stream generation systems
- Fuel cells, biomass, waste and other resources
- Energy infrastructure and transmission
- Storage and supply systems
- Renewables in transportation
- Industry and policy trends
- Future energy mixes
- Renewable energy project viability
- Economics and feasibility
- Cash flow modelling and valuation
- Consumer demand trends
- Challenges and barriers to renewable energy
For the full syllabus click here.
The Fundamentals of Renewable & Alternative Energy training course is the most detailed sustainable energy course available. You also benefit from the course being delivered by distance learning - no need to take time away from work or travel, you take control of your time study time whilst benefiting from detailed tutor support via our online forums.