Understanding subsea oil and gas production systems.
This popular and unique subsea engineering distance learning course from IBC Academy introduces all major aspects of the processes, technologies and systems involved in subsea oil and gas production, examining the building blocks of subsea engineering, including the key components, flow assurance, reliability and maintenance.
The renowned course is delivered by distance learning so it does not disrupt your work or home life, and is an invaluable introduction to this crucial and complex field and is illustrated with detailed case studies.
Download the latest Fundamentals of Subsea Engineering distance learning course prospectus
Also available for dedicated in-company delivery by distance learning or instructor led workshops
The programme explains how subsea oil and gas production is possible by examining the fundamental concepts, equipment, technologies and systems involved in drilling for deepwater oil and gas, and bringing it to the surface for storage and offloading.
Through this 12-week part-time distance learning course you will:
- Gain a complete overview of subsea production equipment andsystems
- Understand how subsea systems are designed, installed and operated
- Discover the technology and processes involved in subsea engineering
- Examine the production equipment that is placed on the seabed
- Analyse the connections between the well and the above sea surfaceproduction hosts
- Explore subsea engineering solutions used with fixed platforms or floating production facilities
- Consider current developments and issues shaping subsea production around the world
- Offshore production
- Design and building blocks of subsea engineering
- Different types of subsea completions
- Flow assurance
- Subsea production systems and equipment
- Production control systems
- Drilling control systems
- Costs of subsea equipment
- Operations, maintenance and integrity of subsea systems
- Decommissioning subsea equipment
- New subsea technologies
- Detailed examples of subsea developments around the world
For a more detailed look at the course content, click here.
Subsea engineering plays a vital role in the exploitation of oil and gas in subsea environments, which are becoming more and more challenging and inaccessible. As more technology is deployed on the seabed, the oil and gas industry needs people with knowledge of subsea engineering to be involved with existing and new offshore projects.
Whatever your motivation, the unique blend of downloadable and online multimedia learning materials, expert tutorial support and peer interaction via a dedicated virtual tutorial forum will ensure a thorough, accurate and up-to-date knowledge of subsea engineering fundamentals, wherever you are in the world.